- wigcd435 wiglp435x wiglp435xSIGNED wiglp435
- Housed in Digipack with clear tray, embossed text on front cover plus 12 panel poster booklet.
- Limited Clear Coloured Heavyweight Vinyl with 24" x 24" Poster and Download.
- Limited Clear Coloured Heavyweight Vinyl with 24" x 24" Poster and Download. (SIGNED)
This product is currently only available to Rough Trade Club members
- Rough Trade Club
- Priority Pre-order access to this product and selected Rough Trade exclusives
- A handpicked LP or CD delivered to your door each month
- Access to members-only events, giveaways, exclusives + much more
- Black Heavyweight Vinyl with 24" x 24" Poster and Download.
Rough Trade's Albums of the Month - October
Chan Marshall (aka Cat Power) produced Wanderer herself, writing and recording it’s 11 tracks in Miami and Los Angeles.
Lana Del Rey guests on one track! Richly glorious vocals sing folk for indie kids. Almost Appalachian harmonies are the icing on a homemade cake of indefinable sweetness. Gently tender songs trickle and flow like dancing sunlight. Splashes of piano, loping guitar and a quivering Rhodes help to wrap up the songs in a parcel of loveliness.
Wanderer is, in many ways, a quintessential Cat Power record, with Marshall’s clarion voice front and center in a set of songs that remarkably stark and straightforward. But, if old Cat Power records might easily have been viewed as repositories for pain, Wanderer is, at its heart, a testament to the transformative nature of songs, an album-length imagining of alternate paths, redemptions, connections, and open-ended possibility.
Cat Power, the vocalist, songwriter, musician, and producer Chan Marshall releases her new album Wanderer via Domino. Produced in its entirety by Marshall, Wanderer includes appearances by long-time friends and compatriots, as well as guest vocals courtesy of friend and recent tour-mate Lana Del Rey. Written and recorded in Miami and Los Angeles over the course of the last few years, the new album Wanderer is a remarkable return from an iconic American voice. Wanderer’s 11 tracks encompass “my journey so far,” says Marshall. “The course my life has taken in this journey - going from town to town, with my guitar, telling my tale; with reverence to the people who did this generations before me. Folk singers, blues singers, and everything in between. They were all wanderers, and I am lucky to be among them.”
CD - Housed in Digipack with clear tray, embossed text on front cover plus 12 panel poster booklet.
LP - Black Heavyweight Vinyl with 24" x 24" Poster and Download.
LP+ - Limited Clear Coloured Heavyweight Vinyl with 24" x 24" Poster and Download.