Paul (Rough Trade Bristol)
1. Carrie Cleveland - Looking Up: The Complete Works
2. Le Stim - Tribute To Muhammad Ali: We Crown The King
3. Various Artists - Serge Gamesbourg Presents: Boston Does Disco
4. Ashford and Simpson - Stay Free
Dimitri gets his Gallic mitts on the stems of possibly my favourite Ashford/Simpson Production and unsurprisingly the results are amazing. Le Edits as a label is very expensive yet there's no mistaking the quality from the top down!
5. L.T.D. - Love To The World
Elder statesman of the the editing / digging game, King Kon brings his scalpel magic to L.T.D.'s Mizell helmed classic, Love to the World.
6. Atmosfear - En Trance
Gilles Peterson favourite and long out of print. Timeless UK jazzfunk get's the Mr Bongo treatment. Could have chosen the accompanying 12" Dancing In Outer Space too
7. Nubya Garcia - Nubya's 5ive
Saxophonist and leading force of the Nu-Jazz movement in the Uk. Blink an you'll miss it debut lp get's another timely repress
8. Leroy Hutson - Hutson 11
Ex-Impressions singer gets the reissue treatment. Could have chosen 4 or 5 but this was my first and closest to my heart.
9. Kimiko Kasai and Herbie Hancock - Butterfly
Rare-as Japanese Jazzfunk, with a who's who backing band giving new flavour to Herbie classics. Essential
10. Divine Situation - Volume 2