Adrian's Albums of the Year - 2018
1. Dead Can Dance – Dionysus
Every album we receive from Dead Can Dance is a gift. They will forever be in my top spot no matter what they do. This album is no exception. Lisa and Brendan have decided to give us a themed album this time around and it is a very focused piece of music. On Dionysus the blend of their exquisite vocals is more cohesive than it’s ever been. Usually they have their own tracks and guest on each other’s songs, but this venture has them truly acting as one. Dionysus will take its rightful place among my collection of DCD’s works. Every album from them is a gift!
2. Sleep – The Sciences
2018 is the year of Sleep. They are dormant no more.
3. Chrch – Light Will Consume Us All
4. Pig Destroyer – Head Cage
I love this album, but I also want their alter ego Agoraphobic Nosebleed to continue their EP project they started a couple years back. Come on!
5. Windhand – Eternal Return
Melancholy, soulful doom at its finest.
6. Panopticon – The Scars of Man on the Once Nameless Wilderness Part 1
Obviously it’s inferred here that you should pick up part 2, as well. You will not regret it one bit. Not one.
7. Clutch – Book of Bad Decisions
I don’t really have to explain this, do I?
8. The Body - I Have Fought Against It, But I Can't Any Longer
While making this list I listened to Uniform & The Body's Mental Wounds Not Healing and for the life of me can’t figure out why it’s not on this list… Or is it?
9. Eagle Twin - The Thundering Heard
A truly underrated duo.
10. Dylan Carlson - Conquistador
A true hero of the drone and now ambient blues world.
- Nervosa - Downfall of Mankind
Excellent new female thrash band from Brazil.
- Sinistro - Sangue Cassia
Another epic slice of Portuguese cinematic doom.
- A Perfect Circle – Eat The Elephant
Until Tool release their album I can’t in good conscience put this in the top 10 even though it’s a beautiful album. You should buy it anyway…